Dear Families, Students and Community,
The Health and Safety plan approved on August 9th, 2021 is a result of our internal pandemic
team using local data and community information. Along with the local data, we have been
guided by the community expecting our students in school daily, and also to protect vulnerable individuals from health risks. This plan is a reflection of the data and the community beliefs.
We will start the school year off with no requirements for face coverings or vaccines
recommended by the administration and approved by the school board. We do encourage the
use of face coverings if you are at risk, and we also encourage eligible individuals to get
vaccinated. We will continue the practices of weekly fogging and increased air circulation.
As the year progresses, we will evaluate the local conditions and increase mitigation strategies in a classroom, grade or school as needed. As of this communication there are no plans for the Department of Health or PDE to force the wearing of face coverings or school closures. The LASD school board and administration will make final recommendations and decisions on any increased efforts to keep school open every day.
Here is what we ask of you:
1. Keep children home when they are sick.
2. Focus efforts on frequent hand washing and hygiene practices.
3. Strongly consider getting vaccinated if eligible and/or wear a face covering if unvaccinated. Individuals not vaccinated must adhere to the close contact quarantine orders from the Department of Health.
4. A no tolerance policy will exist if a student is bullied due to wearing face coverings. We know COVID does impact individuals with underlying conditions. For everyone’s mental well-being, we expect courteous and understanding students and families.
5. Most of all enjoy the school year.
The LASD Lincoln Edge Cyber program and Thunderbolt Academy are both available for
alternatives to full-time in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact Dr.
Eric Naylor for more information at email@example.com by phone at 717-359-4146. We
will provide the live stream option in the classrooms for individuals impacted by quarantine and
contact tracing requirements on a limited case by case basis but it will not be available as an
“opt out” option.
Finally, download the new LASD App in the google play store or Apple App store to stay