- Teaching certificate with minimum of five year’s experience
- Pennsylvania Administrative I Certificate
- Master’s degree
- Ability to supervise staff and manage programs
- Knowledge of disciplinary procedures, school code, scheduling, evaluation procedures, and adolescent development.
- Knowledge of how to use data to make decisions
- Knowledge of curriculum, instruction, best practices, and ability to research and plan
The Littlestown Area School District is seeking a highly qualified candidate for a 10 or 12 month Secondary Assistant Principal position at Littlestown High School. Preference will be given to a candidate dedicated to supporting instructional leadership, facilitating a climate conducive to safe and productive learning, ensuring student access to necessary curriculum, maintaining a positive behavior program and supervising and evaluating building employees.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This professional position is in accordance with the terms and conditions of the hire letter.
All candidates must submit the PA Standard Teaching Application, cover letter, resume, transcripts, evidence of proper Pennsylvania certification, documentation of Act 48 requirements, three letters of recommendation and current Act 34, Act 151 and Federal (FBI) Criminal History Clearances within one year.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER:
The Littlestown Area School District is driven by its vision to empower all learners to pursue their education. Our mission is for our students and faculty to discover passion & purpose, develop critical thinking and digital skills and to inspire generations of career innovators.
Our school district is comprised of approximately 2,000 students and 300 staff members. We are located in South Central PA and centrally located near several tourist attractions such as Gettysburg, Hershey and Harrisburg.