Background check requirements for school employees, contractors and volunteers
The recent flurry of child abuse prevention legislation, extensively amending the Child Protective Services Law (CPSL) and indirectly amending School Code requirements, include significant changes to the background check requirements for new and current employees, contractors with direct contact with children, and volunteers.
The majority of employees and volunteers updated their clearances as required in 2015. However, anyone who was approved as an employee or volunteer in the year 2011 is due to update clearances in 2016. If you are unsure if this applies to you, please call the school district to verify.
If you are offered a position with the Littlestown Area School District, please be advised that the following information will be required before you are able to begin working:
- State Police Clearance (Act 34) - complete online and print your results immediately
- Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151) - effective 12/31/14, submit electronically
- FBI Fingerprints (Act 114) - register & pay online, then go to the fingerprint location to be printed
- School Health Record - includes physical & tb test from within a year
- Act 24 (PDE Form 6004) - Arrest/Conviction Report
- PA Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release - A separate form must be completed for:
- Current employer; and
- All former employers that were school entities; and
- All former employers where you were in a position that involved direct contact with children.