Back to School Info
2018-2019 School Year
Food Service News
Hello LASD Families! Below you will find useful information regarding your student's lunch prices, lunch menus, and Point of Sale Accounts.
- Monthly menus are posted on the LASD website.
- Money can be deposited into your student’s Point of Sale (POS) lunch account several ways.
- MySchoolBucks, www.myschoolbucks.com, online prepayment system is convenient and secure. Signing up for this allows you to track how your student spends their money and to receive emails when their account gets low. Online payments are not required to access your student’s account information. POS balances as of the last day of the previous school year have carried over to this school year.
- You may also send cash or a check to school with your child. If you choose to send a check, make it payable to LASD Cafeteria Account and include your child’s first and last name along with their student ID number on the memo line of the check. Any checks returned by the bank as NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) will be assessed a processing fee by the District. Any NSF checks that are not paid in a timely manner will be reported to the District Magistrate for collection. If you choose to send cash please put it in an envelope marked with your student's name and ID number. Remember cash can be easier to misplace and harder to track.
- Regardless of your students lunch balance he or she will receive a complete breakfast and or lunch everyday. They may not however make any extra or a la carte purchases unless they have enough money in their account to cover the costs.
- Once a week, automated email messages are sent to households of students who carry a low or negative lunch account balance. This is done as a courtesy so you can keep your student’s account up to date.
- Free/Reduced price meals applications are available online at www.paschoolmeals.com. If your student received Free/Reduced price meal benefits during last school year, these benefits will carry over for the first 30 school days this year. A new application must be received before the end of this 30 day period or your student’s benefits will be expired until the new application is received. Questions regarding lunch applications should be directed to Karen Barnes at 717-359-4146 ext. 1223 or send an email.
- Meal and milk prices for the up-coming school year are as follows:
|Maple Avenue (6-8)||$2.90||$1.35|
|High School (9-12)||$2.90||$1.35|
|Milk (1/2 pint)||$ .50||$ .50|
- The Food Service office is open from 6:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on days school is in session. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at: 717-359-4146 ext. 3241 or email at email@example.com
Susie Baranauskas FSD