Back to School Info
2017-2018 School Year
Food Service News and Notes
As I look forward to the upcoming school year, many things come to my mind that I would like to share with each of you. Much of this information will simply refresh your memory (it’s been a long summer!) and to the families of our new students, it will be a good starting point.
- Monthly menus are posted on the LASD website.
- Money can be deposited into your student’s Point of Sale (POS) lunch account several ways.
- MySchoolBucks, www.myschoolbucks.com, online prepayment system is convenient and secure. Signing up for this allows you to track how your student spends their money and to have email sent when their account gets low. Online payments are not required to access your student’s account information. POS balances as of the last day of the previous school year have carried over to this school year.
- You may also send cash or a check to school with your child. If you choose to send a check, make it payable to LASD Cafeteria Account and include your child’s first and last name along with their student ID number on the memo line of the check. Any checks returned by the bank as NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) will be assessed a processing fee by the District. Any NSF checks that are not paid in a timely manner will be reported to the District Magistrate for collection.
- Lunch Charge Procedure: Students will be allowed to charge up to the equivalent of fifteen (15) lunches on their Point of Sale account after which they will receive an Alternate Lunch at no cost. No a la carte charges are allowed. Knowing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, no student will be denied a breakfast due to lack of funds. It is expected that negative balances will be paid in a timely manner.
- Once a week, usually on Monday, automated phone messages are sent to households of students in grades K-5 if they have either a negative account balance or if they have less than five meals worth of money in their account. Automated messages are also sent once a week to households of students in grade 6-12 if they have a negative balance. This is done as a courtesy so you can keep your student’s account up to date.
- Free/Reduced price meals applications are available online at www.paschoolmeals.com. If your student received Free/Reduced price meal benefits during last school year, these benefits will carry over for the first 30 school days this year. A new application must be received before the end of this 30 day period or your student’s benefits will be expired until the new application is received. Questions regarding lunch applications should be directed to Karen Barnes at 717-359-4146 ext. 1223 or send an email.
- Meal and milk prices for the up-coming school year are as follows:
|Maple Avenue (6-8)||$2.90||$1.35|
|High School (9-12)||$2.90||$1.35|
|Milk (1/2 pint)||$ .50||$ .50|
- The Food Service office is open from 6:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. on days school is in session. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at: 717-359-4146 ext. 3241 or send an email.